| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Catalina Market values
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Catalina Market values
Catalina Market values 3 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
A large part of the reason for starting this Registry back in 2010 was that I recognized that the market was grossly undervaluing our cars. At the time, a typical 2+2 was selling for 1/2 the price of its equivalent Impala Super Sports model - a car that was not nearly as content-rich (just look at the dash panels), and did not necessarily have a high-performance power plant. I attributed this value differential to the nostalgia factor - many more people grew up knowing what a "Super Sport" model was than a "2+2". They saw them on the street, their father/uncle/brother owned one, or maybe they even owned one themselves back in the day. How many know a Pontiac 2+2 even existed?
So, I figured that publicity equals desirability. I flatter myself by thinking that this website and other efforts to publicize our beloved 2+2's (such as forming a specialty chapter of POCI) have helped to push their market valuation to a more realistic reflection of their quality. Of course, other factors have affected the rise in prices. For example, an aging demographic of buyers results in a desire for bigger, more comfortable cars than more typical muscle cars. Some people refer to our 2+2's as "the Gentleman's muscle car".
I saw an article today from "Hot Cars" on the Internet, entitled "Pontiac Cars: These Classics Are Rising In Value". It was based on year-over-year results from Hagerty's Valuation Tool. The Pontiac Catalina Sports Coupe (inclusive of all Catalina's, not just the 2+2 models) was cited as having risen an average of 20% in market valuation. This is great news, unless you are a potential buyer.

You can find the full article here - Pontiac Cars: These Classics Are Rising In Value
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group