| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

SOLD - 1965 2+2 Coupe 3-speed manual
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: SOLD - 1965 2+2 Coupe 3-speed manual
SOLD - 1965 2+2 Coupe 3-speed manual 11 Years, 12 Months ago  
Registry member 19652plus2 is considering selling his '65 coupe. I've seen it several times - a really nice, original car, PHS documented. Repainted in its original Mission Beige with an original black interior. All original drive train - 4BBL 421/338 with a 3-speed manual. He has replaced the springs & shocks, rebuilt the front suspension, re-chromed the bumpers. The biggest issue with the '65's is typically the rear trim panel being pitted - Peter replaced his with an NOS piece, and it is beautiful.

Pictures can be viewed at Click here for link

The car is located in Queens, NY. If you are interested, you can contact Peter at pjcanitano@aol.com or on his cell: 917 693-2716.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2015/03/28 11:12 By OldInjun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 1965 2+2 Coupe 3-speed manual 11 Years, 9 Months ago  
Below is a detailed description from Peter. This is a sweet 2+2 - well worth looking at:

For sale is my 1965 Pontiac Catalina 2 + 2. It is a true, numbers matching, PHS documented, all original car. I am the third owner. Presently, the car has approximately 75,300 miles. The second owner bought the car from the original owner whom he knew well (an elderly neighbor) and quickly flipped it for a huge profit. I own the car for 5 years and am now willing to part with it due to other interests and responsibilities that have taken precedence over it. When I bought the car, it had exactly 74,687 miles and it was an untouched, all original car, except for a new Flowmaster exhaust system and exhaust tips installed by the second owner. Since then, I had the car repainted in it's original, yet very rare color, code "VV" Mission Beige, and shortly afterwards, had the correct, "red" double pinstripe applied. (I knew where and which pinstripe to apply because I copied the car's original pinstripes. I had the bumpers re-chromed, revitalized the trim/bright work, installed new emblems and purchased and installed an NOS tail panel which cost me $3,200.00. (The original, as on most other '65 Cats was pitted.) The side view mirror is a dealer add-on. The car was originally ordered without one. The wheels are 1.5" steel wheels (painted black) with dog dish PMD hubcaps.

The interior is black and is in terrific condition. The dash pad is perfect and the dashboard with it's gauges is in superior condition and includes a beautiful, high quality, reproduction tachometer cup with a correct '65 tach. (At present the tach isn't working.) The headliner is perfect, though I did replace the rear package tray. All of the interior chrome shines brilliantly. The console, with 421 emblem, is in great shape. The black steering wheel is a 9.9 out of a 10, with no cracks that usually affect these wheels! The white, 3 speed shifter knob is an Ames reproduction. The AM radio works and sounds great and the car does have it's original antenna body and antenna, which are becoming rare nowadays. All the dash lights work, as well as the dome and console lights. The heater works fine and so do all the exterior lights, directional signals, wipers and horn. The car does not have reverse lights (no bumper holes for them.) It was ordered originally without them.

The drive train is all original. The engine is stock and untouched, and is a code WG 421, 338HP. It has a Carter 4 bbl carburetor. The air cleaner is the original one and I was told that it's a rare "west coast" air cleaner.(the car originally came from Washington state). The transmission is a 3 speed manual transmission. I believe the clutch is original, too.

I replaced the original shocks and springs and most of the front end. With the car up on the lift, I noticed that the car still has it's original frame markings. There's a picture of this. The frame, floor pans and undercarriage are totally solid and rust free. I re-cored the original radiator, rebuilt the non-power brake master cylinder and replaced the water pump and fuel pump. I replaced all the original belts, hoses and thermostat. (I saved all the originals of these parts.) I believe the car still has it's original starter and alternator. The car has power steering. While working in the engine compartment, I noticed that the car still has it's original firewall markings, which you can view in one of the pics.

The trunk is rock solid and totally rust free, so I refinished it and it looks great. It includes a spare that could be the original, a jack and jack handle. I added a new trunk sticker to top it off and the trunk light works as well.

There are many other things that I did for and on this car that at the moment I fail to remember. At present, and for the past two years, it resides in my mother's garage, covered and never used. Every few weeks I go over and start it up and move it up and down the driveway. It is not being used like it should be. This car should be owned by someone who will take it out to shows and drive it around. At this point in my life, I need to part with it and give someone else the opportunity to own and appreciate this great old Pontiac. If you are interested in discussing the car further, look at the car in person or send a representative, please call Peter at 1-917-693-2716 or e-mail me at pjcanitano@aol.com.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Re: 1965 2+2 Coupe 3-speed manual 9 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hello,

Once again, I've considered selling my '65 Cat 2 + 2.

I'd like to state some changes I've made to the car since I placed the original listing 2 1/2 years ago. First and foremost, I've rebuilt the original engine and added many upgraded, high quality, high performance parts. (I can illuminate in detail the changes I've made to the engine, buy I prefer to discuss them on the phone or in person). Also, I correctly detailed the engine compartment, added a correct, newly restored, 1965 tri power system, new valve covers, seven blade clutch fan, recored radiator, high perf water pump, new belts/hoses, pertronix ignition, mini hi perf starter, Ram Air Restoration reproduction long branch manifolds and complete, new dual exhaust system, new 3.42 posi rear and I'm sure a few more things that I'm neglecting to mention at this time. Interior wise, I re-installed the original wooden steering wheel.

This car is a great example of a genuine show quality '65 Cat 2 + 2. The only thing it's missing is a set of 8 lugs and red line tires! I'm asking a very reasonable $35,000.00. Please feel free to call me to discuss this great car in more detail.

Peter (cell) 917-693-2716, (home) 718-253-2118 or e-mail at pjcanitano@aol.com

P.S. I have most/many of the original parts that would go with the sale of the car
19652plus2
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2015/01/04 12:26 By 19652plus2.

Here are some exterior shots. Great car!

OldInjun
Admin
graph

Anyone looking for a nice manual shift 2+2 should take a good look at this car. I know it well, and it needs nothing! Peter recently spent big $$$ for a mechanical rebuild, adding H.O. exhaust, professionally built Tri-Power, and a freshened Saf-T-Track rear. The beautiful paint in rare Mission Beige gives the car a unique look - I don't think I've seen another out there.
You can't reproduce a 2+2 in this condition for anywhere near as low as his asking price. Don't miss out.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

On Ebay now. Click here for link
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Go to topPage: 123
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group