| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Engine cooling problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Engine cooling problem
Engine cooling problem 8 Years, 1 Month ago  
I received a query today from terry43, as follows:

"I'm doing some upgrading to address a hot running car. At idle, do you have a opinion on aluminum radiators. I have a desert cooler now from Ames, brass with the narrow tubes. I like the Be Cool radiator from Summit # bci 60010. Also my water pump from Ames is probably outdated now so I'm looking at Ames Flow Kooler hi performance model. Please give my your input. The only thing I have noticed is that the fan didn't set inside of the shroud, just flush, so that is moved in about 3/4 in. that gave better air flow. Thanks"

I've little experience in this regard - guess I'm fortunate that my Cat never overheats. Any feedback would be appreciated.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Engine cooling problem 8 Years, 1 Month ago  
We fixed the low speed overheating problem on my 1967 2+2 (see thread 4 yrs ago) with another new radiator (#2) - this time a multi core job - not aluminum and no electric fan needed. No other changes apart from an overflow catch reservoir, and no more overheating at any speed even in summer at shows. Car cruises at 170F, maybe up to 190F when in stalled traffic in summer. Very happy with the result. Original spec (new) radiator just didn't do the job.
Bagman
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group