| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Mid-Atlantic Car Show & Nostalgia Drags 6/11/11
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Mid-Atlantic Car Show & Nostalgia Drags 6/11/11
Mid-Atlantic Car Show & Nostalgia Drags 6/11/11 12 Years, 10 Months ago  
3rd Annual edition of a cool event, Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD. Hundreds of show cars. Bracket & Nostalgia muscle racing all day.
This gets bigger and better every year. Well worth the drive - just off Route 95.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mid-Atlantic Car Show & Nostalgia Drags 6/11/11 12 Years, 10 Months ago  
The rain held off all day, though it was hot & humid, which held down the E.T.'s considerably for the racing. Show field was full with some neat cars. I got 6 passes in, and didn't break anything (except for the hopes of the Dodge Super Bee that I beat up on pretty good). That's a successful day at the track, IMO.
I had the opportunity to personally meet several Registry members for the first time - George Husfelt and Tim Frederick - which was great. George used to race his '65 2+2 at Cecil County Dragway back in the 60's, and told me the car is gone but he still has the engine & trans, for which he is seeking another vehicle into which he can transplant them.
Tim is an accomplished artist, specializing in nostalgic drag racing art. Check out his work at Click here for link
I also met a new '67 2+2 owner, who joined the Registry as our 116th owner (117 cars total). Welcome "preacher1", who traded his '89 Corvette for a very pretty, very original 2+2. Guess who came out ahead on that deal!
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group