| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

2+2 Original Owners
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: 2+2 Original Owners
2+2 Original Owners 13 Years, 3 Months ago  
How many of you have owned your 2+2 since new?
Please post here or email me - I'd like to give special recognition to those who have been 2+2'ers from the beginning!
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:2+2 Original Owners 10 Years, 7 Months ago  
As of now I am aware of the following original owners:
Merle Austin
Tom Bryte
Jack Felton
Ben Jackson
Mike Longo
Bentley Martin
Bob Morrow
Dante Principe
Lawrence Sledge
Bob Zupan

...and the following whose 2+2 has been in the family since new:
Richard Joseph
Rick Thiessen

Anyone else?
OldInjun
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2013/12/10 09:26 By OldInjun.Reason: new member

Re:2+2 Original Owners 9 Years, 4 Months ago  
Here's another original owner who has bragging rights for high miles - Everette:

"The 2+2 with the fender skirts is mine, which I bought brand new in August of 1966, the inside is all original, original engine, and external paint is original, naturally over the years being a primarily driven vehicle the replaceable have been replaced. It does have in excess of 450,000 miles provable and is a daily driver... (I) still have the Torrejon Madrid Spain order sheet - order # T-224 dated January 3, 1966."

Sure doesn't look like a 450,000 mile car to me - a testament to the longevity of a lovingly cared for Pontiac.

Everette and his wife also own a '66 2+2, bought in 1980 - a 4-speed car for him, automatic for her. I guess since they didn't offer the "his & hers" shifter in a 2+2, the Everette's did it the hard way.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2014/12/19 09:35 By OldInjun.

450,000 and in great shape is very impressive!
Curtis
graphgraph

...and here is a picture of Mrs. Pfennig's 2+2. Either the Pfennig's have very similar taste in cars, or they removed the fender skirts and 8-lugs to fool us (only kidding).

OldInjun
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2014/12/21 12:10 By OldInjun.

Re:2+2 Original Owners 9 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hi, I'm new to this site. I would like to let you know that we have had our 2+2 in the family since new. My father bought the car on Thursday after I beat him on Sunday, on the street. The story is pretty interesting, at that time my dad (a Pontiac lover from way back) was driving his '62 Bonneville convert. and I was driving my '63 Stingray. Although my father's car was equipped with the 389 Tri-Power, my 340 hp just plain got the best of him. After the race, the following Thursday, we went to the local Pontiac dealer (Householder's) and ordered the 2+2 that we have now. The car is a real eye catcher whenever I drive it (probably because it's so long). The color is Maize yellow, with a black top (convert) and black interior, 8-lug wheels, power brakes, reverb radio and no power steering. When asked if he wanted to order power steering he asked "how much horsepower would it take?" He was told 6-8 hp, his response was "##44kki the power steering" and that's how the car was ordered. My father passed away a few years ago and I still get the Poncho out in the summertime. It's a blast since it does have the HO engine with trips. I did get to race the car at the local drag strip (running D Pure Stock) running against other Pontiacs and Mopar 383 High Po's . I did manage 4 trophies out of 5 attempts. My dad was alive to see that, this was a good thing. Sorry if I got a little carried away but I have a lot of great memories with this car and it is fun to tell them.
YellowDog
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2015/02/05 09:07 By OldInjun.

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group