| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Stolen Car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Stolen Car
Re:Stolen Car 13 Years, 10 Months ago  
How's it going with the insurance company? Find any other issues with the car? I sure hope this all turns out for you.
2+2=428
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Insurnace... What a joke.

I am serious. We should all quit our day jobs and start an insurance company. The model is pretty simple:

1) Everyone is required, BY LAW, to have insurnace - this means there is a market for customers
2) The insurance company formed collects people's money
3) When people file a claim, the goal of the insurance company is to minimize the amount of money paid out in the claim
4) If a claim is made, rates will be raised across the board to collect the money just paid out
5) The goal of the company is to collect money, never pay it out, and take over the world

It's ridiculous. Here is a breakdown of how the interaction has gone, to date, with my car:

Me: "Yeah, here is a video of blue smoke coming out the Driver's side exhaust bank. It never did that before. Here you can see the brake pedal goes to the floor without stopping. Not good. Here you can see the transmission shifting very rough and no longer smooth like it used to."

Agent: "We don't cover wear items."

Me: "Excuse me?"

Agent: "We don't cover wear items. Things like brakes, transmissions, engines etc. If your car was smashed up with visible damage, we could get you a check today."

Me: "You have to be fist F'ing me."

Agent: "We try not to do that. Liability issues."

Ok, I added the last part. But essentially the insurance company is saying they can't cover any damage to the car as a result of the theft because they don't cover "wear items". News flash - every item on a car is a wear item. The paint, brakes, engine, transmission, fenders, quarters, headliner, carpet, all of it. Even though it wasn't smoking before, it was shifting much smoother before, and it HAD BRAKES BEFORE, those items cannot be claimed for damages. I am half tempted to bounce it off a rock into the lake and come back to the insurance company with the claim - "Wear items uncovered after theft rendered vehicle unsafe to drive, causing accident and catastrophic loss. Please cut a check for replacement costs at $20,000."

Bunch of garbage in my professional opinion. I am with Allstate by the way if you want to move your insurance elsewhere. I wonder what Hagerty would have done.
Sixiller
graphgraph

Sorry about the trouble with your insurance company. Don't know if Hagerty would be better...but at least I love their commercials.

BigBrother
graphgraph

Love the commercial!
I've had Hagerty coverage for a bunch of years, but (fortunately) have never had reason to file a claim, so I can't comment on their service in that regard. I do think, however, that as a general rule, collector car insurance brokers are more sympathetic to the special needs of hobbyists. Even if there were not a price advantage, I don't think I would insure my collector cars with a standard insurance company.
Good luck fighting Allstate.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Re:Stolen Car 13 Years, 6 Months ago  
I know this is an old posting, but thought I'd jump in anyway, here in Ontario Canada, the insurance companys require you to get an appraisel of your vintage car before they "fully" cover it!!! Section 19 of Canadian Insurance for vintage vehicles covers "said car" for the appr. value, if totalled, or repairs up to that value!!! No hassle it's covered, the higher the appr. the higher your premium, now as to mechanical damage due to theft, I can't answer that now but I will inquire with my vintage insurance co. up here!!!!!!!!!!!
dualquad
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group