| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

trim tag informatin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: trim tag informatin
trim tag informatin 13 Years, 4 Months ago  
Ok so the 65 GTO guys whos cars were built in Pontiac pretty much know if they have 5N on the trim tag chances are its a GTO. STill need PHS to verify.
I looked at my trim tag and another 2+2 built in pontiac and both cars have the code 4F and 5OW, Interesting to see if any other cars built at the pontiac plant have these or one code.

patrick
65wj
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:trim tag informatin 13 Years, 4 Months ago  
My car was built in Linden, NJ ("E" code), so I can't answer this question. However, it's an interesting thread, and I hope others with a Pontiac plant car will reply.
Which brings up a larger issue. This is an opportunity for me to urge more registrants to disclose their car's VIN number. I don't see a significant risk in doing so, and a lot of benefits. The main point of this site is to document as many 2+2's as possible, as thoroughly as possible. Wouldn't it be great if we could know exactly how many cars were built with similar factory options? Wouldn't you like to know that Joe Blow's car came off the same assembly line as yours at almost the same time? How about the ability to brag that your car was 1 of only XXX ever made? Without the VIN codes we'll never know. Without the VIN code I have no way of preventing registration of phony 2+2's.
So, again, I urge those who have not done so to share their VIN. If my plea is not persuasive, at the very least give us the first portion of the VIN, up through the assembly plant code. That part doesn't jeopardize your privacy in any way. Simply go to your profile and change it, please.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

My car was built in Pontiac, is a '66 and has neither the "4G" or "50W" codes. it does have a "W" code.
duncan22
graphgraph

sorry I should have been more specific in my post. It would apply to 65 only cars. In 66 the 2+2 had its own VIN.

patrick
65wj
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group