| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Registry Email Address Change & Website Status
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Registry Email Address Change & Website Status
Registry Email Address Change & Website Status 4 Years, 5 Months ago  
The former 2+2 Registry email address (info@Pontiac2plus2Registry.com) was hijacked and caused the website to crash, so it is no longer being used. If you have it in your addresses, please delete it.
The new email address is pontiac2plus2registry@gmail.com. please use that in the future.

Which brings up an unfortunate issue. This website is now approaching 10 years old. With the generous support of time from the website designer Don @ Garnet Design Group, and the occasional donation from Registry members who donate to this effort, I have paid the bills out of my own pocket and proceeds from Registry Store items. I avoided asking for a fee to join the Registry, because that would hurt the goal of getting every 2+2 registered for historical purposes.

Ten years in digital technology terms is an eon. Don advises me that the current software is too obsolete to allow for additions/enhancements to this website. More ominously, we are in danger of it crashing permanently. Estimates to bring it up to date by moving everything over to a new Word Press-based platform are $3000-$4000. Much as I have loved developing and running this site, I can't carry that burden alone.

So, we have almost 400 cars registered. I know it is totally unrealistic to expect everyone to chip in, but if even 1/2 of us shared the load, we can get this done. If you see any value to continuing this Registry, kindly donate to the new website. I want to keep it "free".

Donations can be made via PayPal to the account pontiac2plus2registry@gmail.com. Please only use this option if your PayPal funding is from a linked bank account or PayPal balance. Otherwise PayPal will deduct fees.
Alternatively you can send a check made out to me (the Registry does not maintain a separate account) to:
Jack Anderson
25 Renee Lane
Newark, DE 19711

I hate asking for money, but I hope you will agree that it is worthy of your investment.
Thanks in advance.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2019/11/14 14:10 By OldInjun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group