| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Kevin Haines
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Kevin Haines
Kevin Haines 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
It is with a great deal of sorrow that I write to report the passing of my good friend and fellow 2+2’er Kevin Haines, of Brecksville, Ohio.

Kevin and I met at the Tri-Power Nationals event in Norwalk, Ohio – probably about 7 or so years ago. He had recently purchased a ‘65 2+2 coupe through eBay – a car I had considered looking at, as it was for sale out of Baltimore (my home town and only an hour or so down Rte. 95 from my home). It was a decent driver, with a non-original motor – a 389 if I recall. Anyone who knew Kev also knew that he was an avid car restorer, and always did impeccable work on his cars. He took that unremarkable 2+2 and turned it into one of the best resto-mods I’ve seen. The car was beautiful in mirror-finished black paint, black leather upholstery, a 6-speed manual backing a Tri-Power equipped 455, power windows, air. The car went on to win top awards everywhere it was shown. In 2014 the Registry hosted a 50th Anniversary 2+2 Reunion at Norwalk and – no surprise – Kevin’s gorgeous ‘65 won Best 2+2.

At the POCI 2013 Convention in Dayton I needed a ride to the banquet, as my 2+2 was cooped up inside the Nutter Center with the points-judged cars. Generous guy that he was, Kevin gave me the keys to his recently purchased ‘65 Catalina station wagon to use for the evening. It was a fun ride, made even more pleasant by the factory air.

We had a friendly rivalry hunting for Pontiac parts on eBay. Kevin usually found the hidden gems before me, and would be sure to let me know when he snagged a factory tach before I got to it.

Kevin fell ill with cancer a couple of years ago. He suffered much, and fought bravely to overcome some heavy odds. True to form, he suffered in silence and carried on with his life as though he wasn’t shouldering the burden of pain and an uncertain future. He continued buying Pontiac’s, bringing them to their full potential, and selling them to appreciative buyers.

Unfortunately the illness progressed, and he lost his battle this week. Kevin was only about 59 or 60 years old. He leaves his wife Jeannette, and many grieving friends.

RIP, Kev.

OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2018/10/31 13:40 By OldInjun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Kevin Haines 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
So sorry to hear about Kevin! I knew he was sick for a while but he would still be at alot of shows. Way too young! RIP Kev
fredscat
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group