| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Inspection of a 65 2+2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Inspection of a 65 2+2
Inspection of a 65 2+2 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hope it's ok if I ask a general question... Does anyone know of a knowledgeable pontiac inspector / appraiser in VA? Thanks , Dave
Davews
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Inspection of a 65 2+2 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
I don't, but a word of advice. Appraisers come in all degrees of ability. Try to find one who is truly familiar with 2+2's. I had a recent opportunity to assist a New Zealander in finding/purchasing/shipping a '65 2+2 for him. The one he finally bought was an estate sale. The seller had hired an appraiser one year prior, and they totally mislead her into thinking the car was worth twice+ its real market value. As a result she wasted her time & effort sending it to auction with an unrealistic reserve.
The other issue is that these cars are so easily cloned from a garden variety Catalina. The difference in value, as we all know, is huge.
Where in VA would the valuation take place? Maybe I know someone who can help.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Re:Inspection of a 65 2+2 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
Thanks for the response... The car was listed on e bay for 5 days by a well rated seller and had alot of documentation including the certcard and pontiac historical doc, build sheet etc... Red, one repaint, black bucket seat council 4 speed red lines on 8 lug wheels.... Gorgeous car but no ps pb.... Supposedly very clean and all original panels. Car was bid up to $24500... But did not hit reserve. I believe it was located in or by Charlottesville VA. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Seller seemed tobe very nice and encouraged inspection of car... Would like to know what a fair (ball park) price would be and see if I could hire a knowledgeable pontiac 2+2 inspector to verify and be my eyes
Davews
graphgraph

I didn't see that one. If it is re-listed let me know.
Tri-Power or 4bbl?
Depending on overall condition and quality of re-paint it could be worth in the $30's - or it could be worth less than the bid price..
OldInjun
Admin
graph

The car was a 4 bbl all numbers matching and verified by documentation....looked fantastic but iknow all to well pics can be deceiving.... The seller seemed genuine and had a great story about how he acquired the car etc.... I don't think the car would be relisted since I was about the 6 th one on a recall list....if it pops up I'll let you know...
Davews
graphgraph

the car can be viewed by looking at completed listings. Reserve was 60g thats a lot for a hardtop! Car should have brought more than 24g but kind of a lousy time of year to sell a car! A very low option car! no ps or pb not even a tach! Fred
fredscat
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group