| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Glenn R. Zibart's 1964 2+2 Convertible
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Glenn R. Zibart's 1964 2+2 Convertible
Glenn R. Zibart's 1964 2+2 Convertible 12 Years, 1 Month ago  
I received the following message from Glenn Zibart (possibly known to some to some of you as "Ramair" on Ebay - well known for his show-quality restorations of Quadrajet carburetors):

I was the original owner of a 1964 Catalina 2+2 convertible, I ordered it new in the Spring of 1964, just out of engineering school. It had a dark blue body, powder blue top, 421 engine with Carter AFB, (should have ordered the Tri-power, but at least we ordered the 421). It had the "slim jim" auto tranny, which failed in three years, so we traded it on a special order 67 GTO. It was purchased in Louisville, KY from the old Cooke Pontiac. Hoped to see it listed here but there are no 421 '64 2+2 cars listed (editor's note: rico3295 has a '64 421 4-speed coupe registered, but there are no convertibles). Currently have a '69 GTO convertible and 2005 GTP. POCI and GTOAA member.
Cannot find the VIN for the 2+2, but it had console, PS, full size wheel covers (no 8-lugs) AM PB radio, cannot remember interior color but most likely white or blue. Was shopping for a 1964 409 Chevy at the time but wife liked the Pontiac styling better, so we ended up ordering that. We have owned at least one Pontiac ever since, currently three.
It would be a rare car today with that factory installed 421 engine. Have no idea where it ended up.

Really a great looking car! I love the blue top.
If anyone has any knowledge of what happened to it after it left Glenn's hands, let us know.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/02/04 14:11 By OldInjun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group