| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

1966 Rear Qtr "2+2" Emblems
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: 1966 Rear Qtr "2+2" Emblems
1966 Rear Qtr "2+2" Emblems 13 Years, 9 Months ago  
Am trying to complete resto of my 1966, and have accumulated all the emblems except for the "2+2" ones that go on the rear qtrs. My parts catalog says they're # 7590369. Does anyone have any for sale, or know where I might find them? Thank you.
Bob Anderson
(949)545-0555
rmander45
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:1966 Rear Qtr "2+2" Emblems 13 Years, 9 Months ago  
According to my downloaded catalog from Ames Performance you're looking for part number PJ106. It's showing $99.00 for the pair. You may also want to try Performance Years. Hope this helps. Dave
2+2=428
graphgraph

I suggest buying it from Ames. I had ordered a 2+2 trunk emblem form PY, and what I received was a hood emblem (even had the hood emblem part # cast on the back) with the fourth mounting stud ground off. Of course, the remaining studs did not line up with the trunk holes. When I returned it, they said no one else had ever reported the problem. My guess is that all previous buyers were adding the emblems to non-2+2's!
Ames' part was a correct reproduction.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Sorry, should have mentioned that Ames no longer carries PJ106. Have not checked Perf Years, but will do so. Thanks.
rmander45
graphgraph

Try Babe Haehnle at 517 782-8706 (no email). I think I saw some NOS emblems on his table at the POCI swap meet this past week. Tell him Jack - the guy who bought the '46 hood ornament - sent you!
OldInjun
Admin
graph

I have a set of original qtr panel emblems that are in good shape...but for a restoration would need to be rechromed...have sun fade and minor buff scratches, etc. I used the aftermarket on my car and they are very soft but look nice. My brother rechromed some of his emblems and they came out "rounded off" looking, but might be the only way. Another source you should try is frank's Pontiac Parts...has quite a few parts and he is very straightforward about the quality.
If you are interested in the rechromers, give me a call ...951-316-9927
Duncan
duncan22
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group