| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Wanted: 2 + 2 in strong #2 condition
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Wanted: 2 + 2 in strong #2 condition
Wanted: 2 + 2 in strong #2 condition 12 Years, 1 Month ago  
Looking for a nice 2 + 2 automatic. Prefer convertible. No projects. Email: jerrynail43@gmail.com
jnail43
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Wanted: 2 + 2 in strong #2 condition 12 Years, 1 Month ago  
good luck finding one without paying top dollar
john
graphgraph

I would hope that ALL 2+2's sell for top dollar. Frankly, for too long these cars have not garnered the kind of respect in the marketplace that they deserve. Throw a big block engine in any Chevy and watch the price skyrocket. Restore a 2-door version of a Plymouth/Dodge taxicab and cash in. The mid-60's 421/428 equipped 2+2's have great styling & performance. Just compare the interiors to that on cars in their peer group. Carry the front bumper of a Pontiac around around a flea market - that's a man's bumper (queue the Tool Time "hoo, hoo, hoo"). The front bumper on a top-of-the-line 1965 SS Impala is composed of multiple wimpy stampings, assembled like a jigsaw puzzle.

So let's all be gratified when we see a 2+2 sell for all the money. Higher values = more respect. Higher values result in the conservation of more cars (you don't see $50,000 cars headed to the crusher). More cars being restored means more manufacturers making more reproduction parts. It's all good. Some would say that as the cars rise in value, the "average guy" can no longer afford one. Well, if they aren't valued highly, they won't survive for the average guy to buy. I cringe every time I see a nice 2+2 sell for $25,000. They should be worth much more than that.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Depending on one's definition of "top dollar", I haven't placed any limitation on that. Based on current ads, auction results and price guides I think there is a pretty good measuring stick out there as to their market value.
jnail43
graphgraph

Any car is obviously only worth what the market dictates at a given point in time. I think 2+2's are "undervalued" in the sense that the market has not woken up to their intrinsic value. Just as with the stock market, there are good buys out there if you buy ahead of the curve. My thinking is that Big Pontiac's are trending upward, and I consider the 2+2's to be the ultimate expression of that which makes a street Pontiac desirable. A large part of the reason this Registry was started is to heighten the visibility of 2+2's and - hopefully - to increase their perceived value.

Granted, I have difficulty being objective about 2+2's, but if I'm correct, and with collectible car prices being down across the board anyway, now is the time to buy. You'll get a lot of car for the money - comfortable to drive, quicker than an equivalent GTO. Chances are you'll have the only 2+2 at the local cruise night, too.

There are always some nice cars available, so Best Of Luck in your search. Let us know when you find the right one.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Re:Wanted: 2 + 2 in strong #2 conditionSt 12 Years ago  
Still scouring all the for sale sites. No luck yet. There's a guy in Overland Park,KS who has a red convertible. Couldn't find any contact info for him. May not be for sale anyway.
jnail43
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group