| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

'65 Rear Trim Panel - Super nice, Rare SOLD!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: '65 Rear Trim Panel - Super nice, Rare SOLD!
'65 Rear Trim Panel - Super nice, Rare SOLD! 9 Years, 7 Months ago  
SOLD!

This tail panel has been on my car for 5 years. I would rate it an 8.5 or 9 out of 10. It was an older restoration when I purchased it. Chrome is beautiful, black paint is freshly re-done since removed from my car. All mounting posts are intact. The only flaw worth mentioning is a 1/2-1" crack on the top, but no one notices it unless I point it out to them. It falls right in line with the trunk edge, and is nicely camouflaged by the seam. My car has been POCI and AACA points judged 14 times, won numerous top awards including an AACA Grand National 1st Place - without ever suffering a point deduction for the tail panel.

I only replaced it because I found another and had it restored. After I swapped them I realized that the difference between the two pieces was negligible. Oh well, that's how the endless quest for perfection goes sometimes.

These things are not cheap, and rarely come up for sale - especially in turnkey condition. You'll know that if you ever needed one. I've talked to several people who are asking $4-$5K for NOS pieces, and know of at least one 2+2 owner who paid $3,000 to have his piece restored (it was gorgeous). I am selling mine for $1800 + actual shipping costs. I paid $800 for a restorable used piece, and that didn't include restoration cost.

Here is the crack. It nearly "disappears" when on the car.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/09/21 23:17 By OldInjun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group