| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

1967 2+2 Convertible Waupaca, WI
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: 1967 2+2 Convertible Waupaca, WI
Re: 1967 2+2 Convertible Waupaca, WI 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Yes I have it now. Fully documented car, numbers matching, 4 speed, special order factory "1" paint code (Windward Blue I believe, but not specified in PHS docs). Seller denies any re-body work (shrug). I'm trying to discern if that's accurate or if part of the special paint order was emblem delete. Anyone ever hear of that? Not something PHS has info on, only dealer paperwork would record those details apparently. I've got an original owner 65 Cat Ventura 4 spd coupe with an unusual combo of both documented and undocumented options, so... Aware I'm #14 on here, and know of one other here in WA unregistered. Still, less than 20 likely even with the inevitable future barn finds, so not likely to see similar at any local car shows. Just thrilled to finally be able to register something on here.
Matman
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Glad to see you chime in!

As the old saying goes, opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. lol!!

All that matters is that you're happy. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I'm glad that the car went to someone that truly appreciates how special they are.

Have fun with it!
Dave
2+2=428
graphgraph

...and we're thrilled to have you registered.
Regarding your Ventura, I wonder why someone would have ordered that back in the day, versus a 2+2. Maybe it's a bench vs. buckets thing - the buyer spent a lot of evenings in the drive-in with his girlfriend? Could it have been a cost issue? I don't know how much the Ventura option added, but by the time you add the options a la carte how much would you save?

See if you can get the owner of the other WA 2+2 to register theirs.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2016/11/02 16:42 By OldInjun.

Family car, but maybe a young dad who liked to drag race? Bench, 2-tone interior, manual brakes and steer, no outside mirror, no A/C, steel wheels with dog dish, drum x4, 2 bbl (548 cfm though), high compression 389, 3:42 posi (I know, Safe-t-track). A paradox. Fast and torquey as hell (maybe I'll not think so after driving the 2+2). He bought new and owned and drove it till he was 94.
Matman
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group